Los Angeles Times owner Tribune Publishing has purchased the Orange County Register in a bankruptcy bid, the Register reports. According to the paper, the Chicago company has agreed to pay $56 million in cash for the Register’s parent Freedom Communications and its real estate in Santa Ana and Riverside.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Justice Opposes Tribune's Bid for Freedom
- Digital First Media Set To Acquire Freedom Communications
- Department of Justice Questions Tribune’s Bid For ‘Freedom’
- Tribune May Bid on OC Register
- Tribune Eyes O.C. Register
- Papers’ Buyer May Mean Bad News for Employees
- Price of Freedom Drops
- Tribune Bid for Register Could Raise Antitrust Issues