The 51-member governing board of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will meet in a morning session Tuesday to discuss recent diversity-related membership changes and tumbling Oscar ratings. According to The New York Times, about 34.4 million people watched the show on Feb. 28, close to a record low.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Show Goes On
- Academy to Tackle Diversity Controversy
- Academy Changes Rules in Response to Oscars Diversity Uproar
- Asians Criticize Academy Apology Over Oscars Jokes
- Motion Picture Academy Appointments Aim to Increase Diversity
- Academy Disqualifies Oscar-Nominated Song
- Academy’s New Rules Not a Hit With All Members
- Spike Lee, Jada Pinkett Smith Join #OscarsSoWhite Boycott