Snapchat Opens Paris Office
Snapchat is opening an office in Paris to help support user growth and advertising sales in France, reports Variety. The Venice-based company also hired former Warner Bros. executive Emmanuel Durand to run its French operations.
All Def Digital Raises $10 Million
Russel Simmons’ All Def Digital of Culver City, a multichannel network focused on hip hop culture, has raised a $10 million funding round, reports TubeFilter. The round was led by Third Wave Digital with participation from WPP Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Nu Horizons, Greycroft Partners, eVentures, and Advancit Capital.
Avatar to Become Massive Multiplayer Game
James Cameron’s breakthrough 3-D movie “Avatar” is being developed into a massive multiplayer game by Lightstorm Entertainment, 20th Century Fox, and game developer Kabam. The game is set to debut ahead of “Avatar 2” in 2018 and will continue to be updated along with the launch of each of the four planned sequels scheduled to for release through 2023.
ESRI Launches National Green Infrastructure Initiative
Digital map-maker ESRI of Redlands has launched a partnership with the National Geographic Society to help communities identify and protect local places of natural and cultural significance, according to a press release. ESRI’s digital map shows areas of ecological, cultural, and scenic importance, giving users a national and regional overview of the resources and places for possible conservation before development occurs.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 7: Snapchat Eyeing IPO
- Silicon Beach Report July 19: Snapchat Confirms Bitstrips Acquisition
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 25: Hyperloop One Raising $250M
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Hulu Content Spending to Hit $2.5 Billion in 2017
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 2: Instagram Copies Snapchat Stories
- Silicon Beach Report July 6: OpenMail Buys Infospace for $45M
- Silicon Beach Reporter Oct. 6: Snapchat Reportedly Preparing for $25B IPO
- Silicon Beach Report July 7: Snapchat Hit with Indecency Class Action