Elon Musk, the chief executive of Tesla Motors, offered to buy SolarCity in an all-stock deal for $2.8 billion, The New York Times reports. The electric car company aims to create a renewable-energy giant by collecting clean electricity and putting it to work propelling cars.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft to Buy LinkedIn for $26.2B
- Viacom to Buy Argentina’s Television Federal for $345 Million
- Buffett Backs Yahoo Bid
- Trump’s Finance Chairman’s Deep L.A. Ties
- Snapchat Pop-Up Shops Attract Hundreds
- Macerich Rejects Simon Property’s Offer
- Spotify Picks Up Troy Carter
- Redstone Prepares for Battle