Snapchat Expands Advertising Inventory for Sale
Snapchat of Venice has opened its app to select third-party advertisers and ad-tech companies reports Recode. Now, brands can buy advertising video slots that will automatically play between Live Stories clips.
Mashable Acquires Cinefix
Mashable acquired movie-focused YouTube channel CineFix from West Hollywood’s Whalerock Industries for an undisclosed amount, reports the Hollywood Reporter. CineFix has 1.6 million subscribers on YouTube and creates web videos for film lovers, including movie reviews and animated shorts.
Clearlake Capital Buys Vision Solutions
Private equity firm Clearlake Capital of Santa Monica acquired Vision Solutions, an Irvine developer of data protection and disaster recovery software. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
MGID Launches Anti-Ad Blocking Software
Native-advertising network MGID of Santa Monica has launched anti-ad blocking software across its network. When ad-blocking software is detected, MGID will push a pop-up window asking the user to disable the software.
Ticketmaster Settlement Offers Customers Free Tickets
Ticketmaster offered 50 million former customers discounts and free tickets via email after as part of a $386 million class-action settlement it agreed to last year, reports Slate. The company, which is owned by Live Nation of Beverly Hills, was sued for allegedly falsely labeling various ticketing service charges.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow @garrettreim on Twitter for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 2: Ring, Pondering IPO, Launches Security System to Compete With ADT
- Silicon Beach Report March 21: Hootsuite Acquires Snapchat Analytics Tool from Naritiv
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 19: Rubicon Project Tests Tool to Block, Snooze, or Like Ads
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- Silicon Beach Report July 7: Clearlake Capital Sells Software Firms to Centerbridge Partners for $1.26 Billion
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: L.A.’s MarketCast Acquires Fizziology
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 9: Tinder Launches Branded Podcast on Dating
- Snapchat Enhancing Advertising Platform