Former L.A Venture Capitalist Scores Startup Funding
Fouad ElNaggar, the formerly Los Angeles based venture capitalist responsible for Redpoint Ventures, has announced $9.5 million in funding for startup Sapho, reports Venturebeat. Sapho creates software that pulls together information across hundreds of enterprise apps and presents the results to users as user friendly “micro apps.”
CheckAlt Acquires Klik Technologies
Los Angeles-based mobile check deposit firm, CheckAlt announced Thursday that it had acquired Klik Technologies, a subsidiary of MUFG Union Bank, which had previously provided receivables processing, reports SoCalTech. CheckAlt said the acquisition had “greatly expanded” its customer base and brought its total number of employees up to 300.
Activision Blizzard Sets Its Sights On Television
Santa Monica-based gaming and entertainment company, Activision Blizzard has announced its entry into the television streaming market through its new television and film studio Activision Blizzard Studios, reports The Motley Fool. According to Activision Blizzard, the studio has created ‘Skylanders Academy,’ a new animated series to be run on Netflix.
Cast & Crew Entertainment Services Acquires CAPS Payroll
Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, a Burbank-based payroll and production management company, announced Thursday that it had bought CAPS Payroll, a payroll services provider for venues, music tours, live events, unscripted television and independent film markets, reports Yahoo Finance. Financial terms of the deal were not announced but Cast & Crew said “substantial additional equity” was received from its backer, private equity firm Silver Lake.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix to Air First Activison Blizzard Show
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Activision Appoints New CFO
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 27: Netflix Stock Back Up
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 31: Subscription App Sales Soar
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 10: Snap Announces Deal with A&E to Develop First Original Snapchat Show
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 2: L.A. Dodgers Launches New Youth Sports Venture
- Silicon Beach Report June 4: Crackle Venture Selects Leadership Team