SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Meets with Secretary of Defense at Pentagon
Space Exploration Technologies Corp. Chief Executive Elon Musk met with Secretary of Defense Ash Carter at the Pentagon on Wednesday to discuss innovation, reports CNN. Neither Musk nor Carter spoke with reporters about specifics of the discussion, but Musk later tweeted, presumably jokingly, that the discussions involved “something about a flying metal suit.”
Rubicon Project Launches Summer Olympics Advertising Program
Online-advertising marketplace Rubicon Project of Playa Vista launched an Olympics advertising marketplace, where it will provide Olympics-specific inventory packages from publishers, including Condé Nast and USA Today Network, according to a press release. The advertising program will target online readers of Olympics-focused content.
House-Call App ‘Heal’ Adds Jamie McCourt to Board
Doctor house call app Heal of Santa Monica has added former Dodgers co-owner Jamie McCourt to its board of directors, reports SoCal Tech. The company said McCourt was already a seed investor via Jamie Enterprises prior to joining the board.
Jukin Hires New VP to Push Global Licensing
Jukin Media, which licenses viral videos to various media outlets, has hired Greg Bond to push global sales, according to a press release. As vice president of global licensing, Bond will oversee and coordinate licensing operations between Jukin’s L.A. headquarters and its satellite offices in New York and London.
Tinder Bans Under-18 Users
Mobile dating app Tinder of West Hollywood will ban users under the age of 18 years old starting next week, reports Time. Previously, teenagers ages 13 to 17 could match with each other, but not with adults.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 22: SGN Renames Itself Jam City, Acquires Rights to ‘Peanuts’ Franchise
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 14: Rubicon Project and Clear Channel Launch Programmatic Billboard Network
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 27: SpaceX’s Elon Musk Reveals Mars Mission Plans
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 17: Rubicon Project Signs SoundCloud
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 11: Elon Musk Reveals Complete SpaceX Spacesuit
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 28: SpaceX’s Musk: Less Than 5 Percent of Company Working on Mars Mission
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 19: Rubicon Project Tests Tool to Block, Snooze, or Like Ads
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Jan. 29