Tribune Publishing has until August to evaluate a $15-per-share offer from Gannett, The Los Angeles Times reports. Gannett urged Tribune Publishing, which will be renamed Tronc on June 20, to “engage constructively” toward negotiating a merger because the values of both companies may decline in the future due to changes in the media industry.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- ICYMI: Oaktree Pressures Tribune Publishing
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders Restless
- Tribune Publishing Shares Surge
- Suitor Makes Headlines Chasing Paper’s Owner
- Ferro: Gannett ‘Trying to Steal Company’
- Real Deal Eludes Parent As Paper Pursues Digital
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit Against Board
- Tribune Publishing Valued as High as $635 Million