Viacom Inc. will now need the buy-in of controlling shareholder Sumner Redstone and his daughter Shari Redstone if plans to sell a stake in the company to Paramount Pictures continues, The Wall Street Journal reports. The bylaws for National Amusements Inc. were amended to require unanimous board approval of a transaction involving Paramount.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Shari Redstone Says Viacom Needs New Management
- Investors Stake Out Side In TV-Film Empire Fight
- Redstone Lieutenants Bumped from Trust
- Dauman’s Viacom Appointment Sparks Uncertainty
- CBS Suit Against Redstone Threatens ‘Nuclear Option’
- Redstone Appoints New Stewards
- Updated: Redstone Loses Voting Control Following CBS Board Meeting
- Redstone Divide Looms Over Talks