A weekly roundup of L.A. tech company and product launches.
Rubicon Project: Playa Vista’s Rubicon Project Inc. signed a television advertising deal with RevShare of Temecula. Rubicon will integrate Revshare’s AdMore technology with its own to sell television ads to brands and agencies.
City of Los Angeles: The city has launched a GeoHub site, which allows residents to visualize city data on maps of Los Angeles. The maps are powered by technology developed by Esri of Redlands, which depicts various location-based data collected by the city including, police, school and city planning data.
Hulu: Santa Monica video streaming site Hulu has signed a distribution deal with IFC for all future documentary releases from IFC, Sundance Selects and IFC Midnight. The multi-year first-window partnership will start this fall.
Aecom: Century City’s Aecom has landed a contract to build a hyperloop test track for Elon Musk’s SpaceX. The test track will be built around the Hawthorne rocket company’s headquarters, but will be used as an academic proof-of-concept platform and is not part of a commercial venture, according to SpaceX.
OpenX: Advertising exchange OpenX of Pasadena has launched real-time guaranteed ad buys. The feature allows brands and agencies to have priority access to premium online advertising inventory.
PeeqSee: Photo-sharing app PeeqSee of Pasadena has launched. The app allows users to add interactive elements to photos, prompting users to click on “stickers,” which give peeks of additional content.
Caremob: Caremob of Marina Del Rey launched its news and response-organizing app. The app shares major news items and then connects users around possible responses, such as protests, celebrations or memorial gatherings.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 11: Elon Musk Reveals Complete SpaceX Spacesuit
- Elon Musk Goes to Pentagon: Silicon Beach Afternoon Report
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Sept. 18
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Feb. 26
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Aug. 28
- Silicon Beach Report May 3: Study Estimates 46 Percent of Snapchat Users Don’t Use Instagram
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 14: Rubicon Project and Clear Channel Launch Programmatic Billboard Network
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Hulu Content Spending to Hit $2.5 Billion in 2017