Snapchat of Venice is opening an office in Seattle, according to a report by Geekwire.
The disappearing messaging company has leased 8,000 square feet in a building in downtown Seattle, enough space to accommodate 50 staffers. The building Snapchat leased formerly housed Facebook employees.
In Seattle, the company is hiring software engineers who will develop a feature “to help our users navigate their world using their Snapchat camera,” according to Snapchat’s website. The new feature will connect “Internet data sources with real life experiences.”
Snapchat previously had leased a temporary office in Seattle. The company also has an outpost in New York.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Snapchat Acquires Bitmoji Company
- Snapchat Could Generate $350 Million in Revenue This Year
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 5: Facebook Launches Snapchat-Like Camera
- Snapchat Confirms Bitstrips Acquisition
- Snap Inc. Files for IPO
- Snapchat Raises $175 Million from Fidelity
- Snapchat Raises $1.2B, Aims at Explosive Growth
- Snapchat Enhancing Advertising Platform