Snapchat of Venice is opening an office in Seattle, according to a report by Geekwire.
The disappearing messaging company has leased 8,000 square feet in a building in downtown Seattle, enough space to accommodate 50 staffers. The building Snapchat leased formerly housed Facebook employees.
In Seattle, the company is hiring software engineers who will develop a feature “to help our users navigate their world using their Snapchat camera,” according to Snapchat’s website. The new feature will connect “Internet data sources with real life experiences.”
Snapchat previously had leased a temporary office in Seattle. The company also has an outpost in New York.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Snapchat Acquires Bitmoji Company
- Silicon Beach Report April 18: Snap Launches Additional Augmented Reality Features for Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 5: Facebook Launches Snapchat-Like Camera
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 27: Facebook Copies Another Snapchat Feature
- Snapchat Could Generate $350 Million in Revenue This Year
- Snapchat to Shutter Lens Store
- Silicon Beach Report March 28: Rubicon Sued by Publishing Customer The Guardian
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June