Qatar Airlines has launched nonstop daily service between Los Angeles International Airport and Hamad International Airport in Doha, Qatar, the company announced Monday. The new route, which is flown with a Boeing 777-200, is the airline’s first passenger service to the West Coast.
“Los Angeles and Doha have much in common,” said Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker, in a statement. “As passionate homes for sport, fashion, art and world-class entertainment, this new Qatar Airways service forms a bridge spanning continents and cultures, which will further strengthen our cultural and commercial bonds.”
The service to LAX marks the beginning phase of the airline’s expansion to the United States. Later this year, the airline will incorporate routes to Boston and Atlanta.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Qatar Airways to Start LAX Cargo Flights
- First Nonstop Flights From LAX to Africa to Begin Next Month
- Delta to Add Flights from LAX to Paris, Amsterdam
- LAX Freight to Take Off With Middle East Airline
- Air New Zealand Ends Long-Running LAX-London Flight
- LAX Lands JetBlue Service
- American, Scandinavian Airlines Add International Flights to LAX
- AIRLINES---U.S. Carrier to Launch Nonstops to Cancun