The months-long natural gas leak in Aliso Canyon poured roughly the same amount of greenhouse gas into the air as nearly 600,000 cars, scientists reported on Thursday. It was the largest known accidental methane release in U.S. history, according to Reuters.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Claims Filed Over Aliso Canyon Damages
- SoCalGas Resumes Operations at Aliso Canyon
- Businesses Hit Hard by Gas Leak in Porter Ranch
- Utility Charged For Reporting Leak Late
- Business Opposition Mounts to Proposed Moratorium on New Natural Gas Hookups
- Summer Blackouts Expected After Aliso Canyon Leak
- SoCal Gas CEO to be Replaced; Utility Agrees to Pay $4M in Penalties for Leak
- Business Push-Back Keeps New Gas Hookups Flowing – for Now