Big budget movie ¨Gods of Egypt” looks set to be a big flop for Santa Monica’s Lionsgate. The special-effects filled epic starring Gerard Butler cost $140 million to make yet is tracking to earn as little as $15 million in ticket sales when it opens this weekend in the U.S. and Canada, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Lionsgate Fattens Up on ‘Hunger Games’ Finale
- Box Office: 'Tomorrowland' Weekend Hit
- Advance Movie Tickets in Demand
- ‘Jungle Book’ Leads Box Office
- Box Office: 'Spy' Weekend Hit
- ‘Hateful Eight’ Expected to Generate Strong Returns
- Another Misfire for Studio
- Box Office Bounces Back With ‘Spectre’ and ‘The Peanuts Movie’