The lawsuits are stacking up for the Southern California Gas Co. The utility was charged Tuesday for allegedly failing to immediately report the natural gas leak north of Los Angeles, Bloomberg reports. The criminal complaint filed by Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey accuses SoCalGas of four misdemeanors related to discharging air contaminants and failing to report the release of hazardous materials.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SoCal Gas CEO to be Replaced; Utility Agrees to Pay $4M in Penalties for Leak
- SoCalGas Pleads Innocence in Leak Case
- CPUC Fines SoCal Gas $3.3M Over Ontario Pipeline Investigation
- Silver Lake Medical Center to Pay $550,000 Settlement for Illegal Patient Dumping
- Bret Lane Named New CEO of SoCal Gas
- SoCalGas Resumes Operations at Aliso Canyon
- SoCalGas to Pay for Gas Leak Repairs
- Porter Ranch Leak Could Cost SoCal Gas Co. Billions