Fortress Investment Group of Century City is selling Santa Monica-based Revolution Studios Distribution Co. two years after it acquired the production studio for a reported $250 million.
Fortress is selling Revolution for an undisclosed amount to Washington, D.C.-based global private equity firm Carlyle Group. The deal was announced on Dec. 9 and is still pending.
Revolution Studios has produced films such as “Ace Venture: Pet Detective,” “Across the Universe,” and “XXX.” In May, the studio acquired a seven-figure stake in Latino digital-content network Latin Everywhere of Santa Monica. Latin Everywhere distributes Spanish-language film and television content on YouTube, as well as on iOS and Android apps.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Latin Everywhere Sells Stake to Revolution Studios
- Silicon Beach Deal Flow: May 13
- New York Times Buys HelloSociety, A Social Media Agency
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 18: Amazon Producing Virtual Reality Content in Santa Monica
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 12: Hyperloop One Becomes ‘Virgin Hyperloop One’ with Investment from Virgin Group
- Lionsgate Signs Distribution Deal with Video Game Platform
- DCDC Satellite Film Distribution Grows
- Hollywood Investors Back Interactive Video Company Fuisz