Snapchat avoids fake news with editorial team, Atom Tickets adds famous film makers to advisory board, and domain registry company XYZ gets permission to sell domains in China.
Snapchat Avoids Fake News with Editorial Team
While Facebook and Twitter have been plagued with fake news controversies in recent months, Snapchat has avoided controversy by vetting publishers and content with an editorial team, reports BuzzFeed. News within the app is contained in a separate section, called Discover, while posts from the people users follow are displayed chronologically, not by popularity, or personalized algorithm.
Atom Tickets Adds Famous Film Makers to Advisory Board
Ticketing app Atom Tickets announced that film makers Steven Spielberg, J.J. Abrams, and Tyler Perry have joined its newly formed advisory board, according to a press release. The board will serve as a resource to Atom Tickets as it tries to grow its online ticketing business.
Domain Registry Company XYZ Gets Permission to Sell Domains in China
Domain registry company XYZ Inc. has been granted permission by the Chinese government to sell its dot-xyz domain suffix in China, potentially opening up a huge market to the Santa Monica startup, reports the L.A. Business Journal. XYZ has sold more than 6 million dot-xyz domains globally.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Domain Registry Company XYZ Gets Permission to Sell Domains in China
- XYZ Accused of Blocking Website Domains at Request of Chinese Government
- XYZ Inc. Defeats Rival Verisign’s Court Challenge
- Google Validates XYZ’s Alternative Domain in One Swoop
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 26: Saudis to Invest $1B in Virgin Galactic, Virgin Orbit
- How Snapchat Has Avoided Spreading Fake News
- Addressing Web
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Dec. 4