Washio folds operations following inability to find buyer, SpaceX to launch recycled rocket, Jessica Alba joins other celebrities on Apple’s new TV show, and more.
Washio Folds Operations Following Inability to Find Buyer
Santa Monica’s Washio, which has raised more than $16 million in funding, announced on its website Monday that it had closed its operations and would no longer be accepting orders, reports the L.A. Business Journal. Without additional investment or a white-knight buyer the company’s management decided the startup could not go on.
SpaceX to Launch Recycled Rocket
Space Exploration Technology Corp. will launch one of its recycled rockets sometime this fall from Cape Canaveral, the first time that a rocket has been vertically landed and relaunched in space history, reports ABC News. The rocket will carry into orbit a communications satellite from SES of Luxenbourg, a longtime SpaceX customer.
Snapchat Unpublished Its Facebook Page
Despite having more than 6.5 million likes, Snapchat of Venice has taken down its Facebook page, reports Venture Beat. It was used infrequently with posts published months apart.
Jessica Alba Joins Other Celebrities on Apple’s New TV Show
Actress and Honest Co. co-founder Jessica Alba has joined Apple’s TV show “Planet of the Apps” as a mentor and adviser, reports Variety. The unscripted series is aimed at identifying up-and-coming app developers. L.A.’s Gwyneth Paltrow and Will.i.am, who have founded e-commerce business Goop, and a smart watch business i.am+, respectively, are also mentors.
Petnet Raises $10 Million
Petnet, which manufactures internet-connected pet feeders, raised a $10 million round led by Petco, reports TechCrunch. With this funding Petnet will be expanding its product line and distribution, including into Petco’s stores.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 9: Honest Co. in Sales Talks
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 3: Faraday Future Signs Battery Supply Agreement with LG Chem
- Silicon Beach Report July 18: Snapchat in Talks for Hollywood TV Shows
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 24: Digital Domain Partners with World Surf League for 360-Degree Content
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 11: Snapchat Courting Hollywood Producers
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 4: Disney Launches Kid-Safe Messaging App