Sneaker app GOAT raises $5 million, Engage: BDR Inc. to go on $100 million acquisition spree, Gatorade running in-app tennis game on Snapchat, and more.
Sneaker App GOAT Raises $5 Million
Sneaker collectors’ app GOAT has raised a $5 million round led by Matrix Partners, reports Recode. The app ranks as a Top 100 shopping app for the iPhone with a cult following among those who collect rare and pricey sneakers.
Engage: BDR Inc. to Go on $100 Million Acquisition Spree
Online-advertising technology firm Engage: BDR Inc. of West Hollywood announced it expects to make 12 acquisitions of small media companies and ad sales forces over the next 12 months, reports the L.A. Times. The company plans to spend more than $100 million from its own balance sheet.
Procurement Company Vroozi Raises $4 Million
Software-as-a-service procurement company Vroozi raised $4 million led by Ally Holdings, according to a press release. The funds will be used to grow the sales organization in the United States and Europe and further develop the Vroozi platform’s features for analytics, artificial intelligence, and payables management.
Gatorade Running In-App Tennis Game on Snapchat
Gatorade is running an in-app tennis video game on Snapchat featuring a cartoon version of Serena Williams, reports DigiDay. The sponsored video game is called “Serena Match Point” and sitting inside ESPN’s Discover channel on Snapchat as a promotion for the U.S. Open.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Goat Gets $100M Investment From Foot Locker
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 15: Snapchat to Acquire Search Engine App Vurb for $100M
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 7: Collectible Sneaker Reseller Goat Raises $25M
- Silicon Beach Report June 28: Mobile Game Developer Wonder Raises $14 Million
- Silicon Beach Report March 15: Snapchat Plans Gaming Platform
- Silicon Beach Report July 6: OpenMail Buys Infospace for $45M
- EDDY LU
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 7: Goat Nabs Foot Locker Investment