Digital Domain Partners with World Surf League for 360-degree content, Comedy Central grabs Snapchat star for TV show, and SpaceX to refurbishing rockets in Florida.
Digital Domain Partners with World Surf League for 360-Degree Content
Virtual reality content producer Digital Domain has partnered with the World Surf League to create 360-degree content, according to a press release. The 360-degree videos will showcase the world’s best surfers on the Tahiti stop of the WSL Championship Tour.
Comedy Central Grabs Snapchat Star for TV Show
Comedy Central has ordered a television series to be hosted by Snapchat-based comedian James Davis, which will premier in 2017, reports the Hollywood Reporter. Davis hosts Comedy Central’s most-watched Snapchat original series, “Swag-A-Saurus with James Davis.”
SpaceX to Refurbish Rockets in Florida
Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is building new facilities at Port Canaveral, Fla. to refurbish its landed rockets, reports The Verge. The site is where the company has sent its recovered first stage boosters after they land on a nearby concrete landing pad or on drone ships in the Atlantic Ocean.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 11: Snapchat Courting Hollywood Producers
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 6: Facebook Joins Forces With MomentFeed Startup
- Silicon Beach Report July 5: Snapchat Lets Users Add Links to Web Content
- SpaceX Launches its Largest Rocket
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 3: Faraday Future Signs Battery Supply Agreement with LG Chem
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 1: NHL Links With NextVR
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Hulu Content Spending to Hit $2.5 Billion in 2017