STX Entertainment acquires virtual reality company Surreal, Google Daydream to use Hulu VR content, Disney Movies Anywhere integrates with Verizon Fios, and more.
STX Entertainment Acquires Virtual Reality Company Surreal
Upstart studio STX Entertainment has acquired virtual reality producer Surreal for an undisclosed amount, reports the Hollywood Reporter. Surreal has produced and distributed virtual reality and 360-degree videos, including projects with Snoop Dogg, Gordon Ramsay and “American Idol.”
Google Daydream to Use Hulu VR Content
Google is investing in virtual reality projects, including content from Hulu, for its yet-to-be launched virtual reality platform Daydream, reports Bloomberg. The company is using apps, video shorts and games to promote Daydream, a part store and software service that Google wants to become ever-present.
Realty Mogul Adds Two Executives
Real estate crowdfunding website Realty Mogul has added Sameer Shamsuddin as its chief technology officer and Niall Weintraub as vice president of marketing, according to a press release. The company said it has added 10 new employees since July.
Disney Movies Anywhere Integrates with Verizon Fios
The Disney Movies Anywhere platform, a digital locker for Disney movies, is now integrated with Verizon’s Fios platform, according to a press release. Fios customers in the U.S. can connect their digital movie collections and watch them from the living room or mobile devices, as well as purchase additional movies directly from Fios.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 16: ChowNow Integrated with Google Search
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 15: UBeam Raising $20M Series B Round
- Imax to Launch VR Arcade in Los Angeles
- Disney, Traditional Media Pour Money into Virtual Reality Firm Jaunt
- Virtual Reality Startup Vrse Lands New Executive, Seed Funding
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 5: Facebook Launches Snapchat-Like Camera
- Disney Expands Video Platform, Emphasizing Ownership
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 3: Snap Acquires Metamarkets