ChowNow integrated with Google search, Content Check acquires Honest Cooking, Intel to open L.A. virtual reality studio, and more.
Chow Now Integrated with Google Search
ChowNow of Playa Vista, an online restaurant ordering platform, announced integration with Google, which will allow users to order food directly from search results, reports the Boston Globe. This new online feature will be available for more than 5,000 restaurants in the United States and Canada.
Susa Ventures Raises $50M Fund, Departs Los Angeles
Early stage investment fund Susa Ventures closed a $50 million fund, its second, and announced that it had moved to San Francisco, reports the L.A. Times. The company is moving to be closer to its portfolio companies. General Partner Eva Ho is departing as result of the move, but will continue to work with the company’s first fund.
Content Checked Acquires Honest Cooking
Content Checked Holdings Inc., a developer of apps for individuals with dietary restrictions, acquired Honest Cooking Media for $2 million in stock, according to a press release. The company will incorporate Honest Cooking’s editorial and branded content within its apps.
Syncromatics Acquires Mobilitat
Syncromatics of downtown Los Angeles, a transportation scheduling software developer, acquired dispatch software maker Mobilitat for an undisclosed amount, according to a press release. The two companies have been collaborating for over a year in a non-exclusive partnership to provide technology for transit agencies requiring fixed route and paratransit software.
Intel to Open L.A. Virtual Reality Studio
In concert with launching its Alloy VR headset, Intel announced it will open a L.A. virtual reality studio, reports Fast Company. The studio will be used to work closely with the entertainment industry and to work on 360-degree action shots for sports broadcasters.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 23: STX Entertainment Acquires Virtual Reality Company Surreal
- L.A. Launch List: April 10
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 30: Honest Co. to Drop Disputed Ingredient from Laundry Detergent
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 18: Amazon Producing Virtual Reality Content in Santa Monica
- Disney, Traditional Media Pour Money into Virtual Reality Firm Jaunt
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 20: TX Zhuo and Eva Ho Raising $50M for Fika Ventures
- Virtual Reality Startup Vrse Lands New Executive, Seed Funding
- Amazon Studios Is Working on Virtual Reality Content