LeEco building plant to be used by Faraday Future in China, Riot goes to court to stop League of Legend cheats, Arsenic raises $3 million seed round, and more.
LeEco Building Plant to Be Used By Faraday Future in China
Le Holdings Co. (LeEco), announced plans to build a $1.8 billion electric car plant in Eastern China, reports Reuters. LeEco also plans to produce cars at a plant being built near Las Vegas by U.S. strategic partner Faraday Future of Gardena, in which LeEco founder Jia Yueting has invested.
Riot Goes to Court to Stop League of Legend Cheats
Riot has sued a trio of German hackers for allegedly selling a game-hacking program that allows League of Legend players to cheat, reports Ars Technica. Riot also accuses the hackers of conducting attacks on its game servers, advising players on how to avoid detection, as well as threatened and spread personal, non-public information about a Riot employee.
Aerojet Rocketdyne Signs NASA Contract for CubeSat Propulsion
Aerojet Rocketdyne of El Segundo signed a contract with NASA to develop a CubeSat propulsion system using a so-called green propellant, reports Parabolic Arc. The technology will increase CubeSat maneuverability, offer a propulsion system largely comprised of 3-D printed components, as well as provide a safer, more efficient and higher-performance alternative to traditional propellants.
Arsenic Raises $3 Million Seed Round
Arsenic, a risqué lifestyle and fashion media company with a large Snapchat following, has raised a $3 million seed round, reports Business Insider. Arsenic doesn't pay for any of its Snapchat content, but instead crowdsources pictures of scantily clad women from its fans, often up-and-coming models that want to be discovered.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Rocketdyne Receives $18 Million Space Flight Contract
- Aerojet Soars With Space Contract
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 10: NASA Study Says SpaceX Saves Agency Money
- Silicon Beach Report May 8: Snap Inc. Reportedly Disinterested in Snapchat Users in the Developing World
- Faraday Future’s Main Backer Receives $1B to Pursue Electric Cars
- Silicon Beach Report June 27: Thrive Market Raises $111 Million
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Snapchat Has Lead in Augmented Reality
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 9: Los Angeles Times Cited by Google for 'Annoying' Ads