Google buys Orbitera for reported $100 million, Hulu ends free viewing, shows based on 'The Voice,' 'SNL' coming to Snapchat, and more.
Google Buys Orbitera for Reported $100M
Cloud-hosting business Orbitera of West Hollywood has been acquired by Google for more than $100 million, according to TechCrunch. The deal will help Google compete against Amazon’s AWS, Salesforce, and Microsoft in selling enterprise services in the cloud.
Hulu Ends Free Viewing
In a move to align itself with its paid-subscription rivals, such as Netflix and Amazon Prime, television-streaming service Hulu of Santa Monica has ended its free-to-view streaming service, reports the L.A. Business Journal. Though television shows can no longer be viewed for free on Hulu, some content licensed by the company will be available for free via a new deal with Yahoo Inc. on a website launched Monday called Yahoo View.
Shows Based on 'The Voice,' 'SNL' Coming to Snapchat
NBCUniversal has signed a deal Snapchat to produce a series of shows based on its TV properties, reports the Hollywood Reporter. Shows to be adapted for Snapchat include “The Voice,” “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and “Saturday Night Live.”
TrueCar Continues to Change Dealer Policies
As part of its effort to mend relations with its car dealer customers, TrueCar has announced more changes to its branding and pricing policies, according to a press release. The company’s new policies include pay-per-sale options, enabling dealers to price cars at the VIN-level, and increasing dealer branding opportunities on the platform.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 24: Internet Brands to Buy WebMD for $2.8 Billion
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 14: Disney to Gain Control of Hulu after 21st Century Fox Asset Acquisition
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 11: Another Snapchat Filter Causes Uproar
- Silicon Beach Report May 3: Study Estimates 46 Percent of Snapchat Users Don’t Use Instagram
- Hulu Ends Free Viewing
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 15: TrueCar Purchases Accu-Trade Stake
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 18: NBC's Daily Snapchat Show Reaches 29 Million Views in First Month
- Edmunds Adds Feature in Challenge to TrueCar