Facebook launches Snapchat-like camera, Wave VR raises to $2.5 million, Disney Channel launches short-form movies online, and more.
Wave VR Raises to $2.5 Million
WaveVR has closed a $2.5 million seed round of funding to build what is calling a “social VR music platform,” according to a press release. The platform allows users to DJ for an audience with accompanying virtual reality special effects.
Disney Channel Launches Short-Form Movies Online
The Disney Channel is launching 12 short-form movies on its ad-supported online services and YouTube, reports Variety. The effort is separate from Maker Studios, Disney’s YouTube-focused digital arm.
Loot Crate Partners with the World Wrestling Entertainment
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. has partnered with monthly toys and fan gear subscription service Loot Crate, according to a press release. The so-called WWE Slam Crates will include WWE apparel, and other collectibles exclusive to the subscription service.
Facebook Launches Snapchat-Like Camera
Facebook is testing a new version of its app that opens directly to a Snapchat-like camera, encouraging users to capture more photos and videos and cover them with filters and stickers, reports the Verge. The new features comes a few days after Instagram added a Snapchat-like feed of disappearing slide shows.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 11: Another Snapchat Filter Causes Uproar
- Silicon Beach Report March 28: Rubicon Sued by Publishing Customer The Guardian
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 5: Imax to Launch VR Arcade in Los Angeles
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Sept. 11
- Silicon Beach Report March 31: Snapchat Launches Stories Search
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Hyperloop One, Its Chairman Sued by Co-Founder
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 14: Hulu Content Spending to Hit $2.5 Billion in 2017
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 26: Snapchat Changes Its Name, Unveils Sunglasses with Camera