In addition to a fight over newspapers, Tribune Publishing and Gannett Co. are in a war of words. On Tuesday, Tribune Publishing Chairman Michael Ferro criticized the publisher of USA Today for “trying to steal the company” and pressed for board acceptance of a strategic plan for Tribune before a June 2 shareholders’ meeting, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders Restless
- Newspaper Owner Takes Itself Out of Circulation
- Suitor Makes Headlines Chasing Paper’s Owner
- ICYMI: Oaktree Pressures Tribune Publishing
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit Against Board
- Chicagoan Becomes Tribune Publishing’s Largest Shareholder
- Gannett Keeps Tribune Offer On The Table
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit