Shares of Tribune Publishing, publisher of the Los Angeles Times, rose sharply Monday following news of a potential takeover by USA Today Publisher Gannett Co. The stock closed at $11.50, a 53 percent improvement over Friday’s closing price and its highest close since August. The Times reports Gannett was up $1.02, or 6.5 percent, to $16.79.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gannett Keeps Tribune Offer On The Table
- ICYMI: Oaktree Pressures Tribune Publishing
- Gannett Bids for Parent Company of L.A. Times
- Gannett Bids for Tribune Publishing
- Ferro: Gannett ‘Trying to Steal Company’
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders Restless
- Gannett Boosts Offer for L.A. Times Parent Tribune Publishing
- Tribune Turns Down Gannett Offer