Sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet, founded in La Canada-Flintridge in 1959, will shut down, the Los Angeles Times reports. The company, which went private when it was purchased by Vestis Retail Group in 2014, will shutter 47 stores. It employs 1,200 full-time and 1,600 part-time workers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Shareholders Favor Sport Chalet Sale
- Sport Chalet Founder Norbert Olberz Dies
- Sport Chalet Founder Sets Stock Plan
- Sport Chalet Tender Offer Prolonged
- Sport Chalet Sells for $70 Million
- Sporting Goods Market Might Draw New Players
- Bankrupt Chains Might Have More Left in Stores
- Reed’s, Sport Chalet Among Week’s Big Movers