The Dow Jones industrial average fell 79 points in Thursday trading to close at 16,201.
The S&P 500 fell seven points to 1,932.
The Nasdaq fell 18 points to 4,734.
The LABJ Stock Index fell two points to 219.
Gainers and Losers
Pasadena biotechnology company Arrowhead Research Corp. was Thursday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares of the company rose 7 percent on the day, closing at $7.19 after the company released positive results for its experimental antiviral therapy used to treat Hepatitis B.
Thursday’s biggest loser was Woodland Hills insurer Unico American Corp.
Shares fell 10 percent on the day, closing at $10.63.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; NetSol Rises, Unico American Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Xencor is Up, Unico American Tanks
- Stocks Fall; U.S. Auto Parts Network Rises, Arrowhead Research Sinks
- Stocks Mixed; U.S. Auto Parts Soars, Second Sight Medical Products Falls
- Stocks Fall; Broadway Financial Corp. is Up, Guess Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Cadiz Climbs, Xencor Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Mixed; Ceres Climbs, InterGroup Sinks