The Los Angeles Business Journal’s index of the largest local public companies was unchanged for the week. The weighted LABJ index was flat to close at 224, with gainers outpacing losers 81 to 70. Seven companies closed the week unchanged.
Qualstar Corp. was one of the week’s leading gainers among stocks trading above a dollar, as its shares rose 57 percent to close at $1.79.
Broadway Financial Corp., the Mid-Wilshire parent of Broadway Federal Bank, was also one of this week’s leading gainers. Shares rose 56 percent to close at $2.08.
Ritter Pharmaceuticals Inc., a developer of drugs to treat lactose intolerance, was among the week’s losing stocks. Shares fell 26 percent for the week, closing at $2.50. Woodland Hills insurance firm Unico American Corp. also dipped this week after being one of the leading gainers last week. Shares fell 25 percent to close at $10.33. The company announced this week that it would move its headquarters to Calabasas.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Simulations Plus, Boingo Wireless Among This Week’s Movers
- Cherokee, Rubicon Project Among This Week’s Movers
- PCM, Demand Media Among Week’s Big Movers
- Second Sight Medical Products, Entravision Communications Among Week’s Movers
- Broadway Financial and Cadiz Among This Week’s Big Movers
- Point.360, Broadway Financial Among Week’s Movers
- Kite Pharma, Cherokee Among This Week’s Movers
- Tutor Perini, Big 5 Sporting Goods Among Week's Biggest Movers