The Los Angeles County Supervisors are the latest group to formally call on Tribune Publishing to “restore local, established and invested leadership” to the Los Angeles Times, the Times reports. The supervisors unanimously passed a resolution to that effect which comes on the heels of a letter sent last week by local business leaders, including billionaire Eli Broad, expressing the same sentiment and disapproval of the firing of former Times Publisher Austin Beutner.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Broad Teams With Beutner for LAT Bid
- Broad Says Tribune Solicited Offer for L.A. Times
- Report: Times Publisher Beutner is Out
- Multiple Bidders May Emerge for L.A. Times
- Local Effort to Buy Times Turns to Karsh, Oaktree
- Civic Leaders Criticize Beutner’s Firing
- Beutner Named Publisher of L.A. Times
- Will Billionaire Bag L.A. Times?