The Dow Jones industrial average rose 140 points in Wednesday trading to close at 16,740.
The S&P 500 rose 17 points to 1,995.
The Nasdaq rose 29 points to 4,889.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 225.
Gainers and Losers
Monrovia biotechnology company Xencor Inc. was Wednesday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares of the company rose 15 percent on the day, closing at $18.34 after the company announced it had signed a research and license agreement with Thousand Oaks biotech giant Amgen Inc.
Wednesday’s biggest loser was Pacific Commerce Bank. Shares fell 4 percent on the day, closing at $6.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise; Xencor is Up, Unico American Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Cadiz Climbs, Xencor Tanks
- Stocks Rise
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Climbs, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Rise; Mannkind Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Climb; Rubicon Rises, Big 5 Dives
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Climbs, Ceres Continues Slide
- Stocks Rise; Skechers Soars, Second Sight Medical Products Tanks