Screen Gems’ romantic thriller “The Perfect Guy” topped the weekend box office, bringing in $26.7 million, the Hollywood Reporter reports. The feat marked the fifth weekend in a row that a film featuring a mostly African-American cast has been No. 1 at the box office. M. Night Shyamalan’s “The Visit” followed close behind, bringing in $25.7 million. Sony Pictures' faith-based film "War Room" came in at No. 3, making $7.4 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- What to Watch this Weekend
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Continues Reign
- Backlot Buzz---Miramax Seals Deals for Stars to Produce
- Thrillers Top the Box Office
- Box Office: ‘The Equalizer’ Beats ‘The Maze Runner,’ But Only in North America
- Box Office: ‘Ouija’ and ‘Nightcrawler’ Split the Halloween Pot
- "Think Like a Man Too" Wins Weekend Box Office
- Box Office: 'Spectre' Remains at Top