Thanks to popular movies, including Universal Pictures’ “Jurassic World,” Walt Disney Co.’s “Ant-Man” and Universal’s “Straight Outta Compton,” this summer’s box office total could be one of the strongest ones yet, the Los Angeles Times reports. Ticket sales are expected to reach $4.4 billion in North America by Labor Day which is up 8 percent over last summer. Despite this, movie attendance is still down as many fans are opting to watch films at home instead.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Dominates
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Continues to Dominate
- Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Dominates, Beating ‘Minions’
- Hollywood on Target for Good Returns
- Advance Movie Tickets in Demand
- Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Still Dominates at No. 1
- Box Office: ‘Minions’ Dominate ‘Jurassic World’
- Big Money for Universal Pictures