The number of truck drivers on strike at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach is growing after the International Brotherhood of Teamsters threw its support behind it, the Daily Breeze reports. The drivers want to be employees (so they can unionize) instead of being classified as independent contractors.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- More Roadblocks for Teamsters in Drive to Unionize Port Drivers
- Ending 2 Year Legal Battle, Judge Rules Port Truck Drivers are Employees
- Contract Truckers Picket L.A., Long Beach Ports
- Teamsters Claim Victory as Port Truck Drivers Reinstated
- Harbor Truckers Go On Strike
- Rage Guitarist Supports Truckers
- Teamsters Pull Into Port With San Pedro Truckers
- Three Terminals Close Briefly in Port Trucker Strike