The Dow Jones industrial average rose 198 points in Wednesday trading to close at 17,780.
The S&P 500 rose 24 points to 2,090.
The Nasdaq rose 66 points to 5,096.
The LABJ Stock Index rose 2 points to 240.
Gainers and Losers
Chatsworth oil company California Resources Corp. was Wednesday’s biggest local gainer. Its shares rose 16 percent on the day, closing at $4.24.
Wednesday’s biggest loser was El Segundo’s Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp.
Shares of the retailer fell 17 percent on the day, closing at $8.82.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Jakks Soars, CytRx Sinks
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Tops, ReachLocal Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Radnet Soars, Capricor Sinks
- Stocks Mixed; Kite Pharma Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Energy Surges, CytRx Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Skechers Soars, Second Sight Medical Products Tanks
- Stocks Fall; MRV Communications Rises, Ducommun Sinks
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Climbs, Cadiz Dries Up