The Dow Jones industrial average fell 42 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,581.
The S&P 500 fell five points to 2,066.
The Nasdaq fell five points to 5,030.
The LABJ Stock Index rose one point to 238.
Gainers and Losers
Jakks Pacific Inc. was Tuesday’s biggest local gainer. Shares of the company rose 5 percent on the day, closing at $8.19. That came one day after the Malibu toy maker’s stock fell nearly 11 percent when the company announced earnings that revealed a decline in net sales this quarter compared to the same time last year despite an increase in net income.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was internet advertising company ReachLocal Inc. Shares of the Woodland Hills company fell 8 percent on the day, closing at $1.47.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise; Simulations Plus Soars, General Finance Tumbles
- Stocks Fall; Entravision Up, California Resources Corp. Tanks
- Stocks Rise; United Online Soars, Capstone Turbine Tanks
- Stocks Rise
- Stocks Fall; Research Solutions Soars, Ceres Slips
- Stocks Fall; IPC Soars, VCA Sinks
- Stocks Mixed; MannKind Lags, Ceres Leads
- Stocks Down; MannKind Climbs, Nova LifeStyle Falls