The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says its $975 million Foothill Extension of the Gold Line will begin carrying passengers between Pasadena and Azusa on March 5, the Los Angeles Times reports. San Gabriel Valley residents have paid a total of more than $1 billion in sales taxes over the past six years to help fund the railway’s expansion.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Making Tracks
- Expo Line on Track for May 20 Opening
- Gold Line Extension Work to Resume
- Metro Board Approves $1.4 Billion Budget for 11.5-Mile Extension of Foothill Gold Line Light Rail to Claremont
- Tutor Perini Awarded Contract for Wilshire Subway Extension; Gold Line Extension Completion Pushed Back
- Gold Mine Line?
- Mudslides May Get Worse
- Foothill Rail Project Estimated to Provide $2.6B Economic Boost