The Dow Jones industrial average rose 321 points in Thursday trading to close at 17,489.
The S&P 500 rose 34 points to 2,053.
The Nasdaq rose 80 points to 4,920.
The LABJ Stock Index rose four points to 236.
Gainers and Losers
Cadiz Inc. was Thursday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares of the Los Angeles water resources company rose 14 percent on the day, closing at $3.94. The firm recently issued a lengthy response to the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, which had determined that a Cadiz water pipeline was not within the planned scope of a railroad right-of-way.
Thursday’s biggest loser was billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong’s clinical-stage immunotherapy firm NantKwest Inc. Shares fell 9 percent on the day, closing at $10.94.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Cadiz Climbs, Xencor Tanks
- Stocks Rise; United Online Soars, Capstone Turbine Tanks
- Stocks Rise; General Finance Corp. is Up, Cadiz Falls Again
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Rebounds, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Up; Cadiz Is Up, U.S. Auto Parts Falls
- Stocks Up; Mattel Rises, Cadiz Sinks
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Climbs, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Leads, Lion Lags