Cedars-Sinai Medical Center will launch an accelerator program in conjunction with Techstars that’s focused on bringing innovative health care entrepreneurs to Los Angeles.
The three-month intensive startup accelerator will give 10 applicants up to $120,000 in funding in exchange for an equity stake between 6 percent and 10 percent. Participating companies will also have access to an array of resources, including mentors from Cedars-Sinai and the Techstars network. The program started accepting applications Wednesday and the first class will start in Los Angeles in March.
The accelerator, which Techstars announced on its Website, is open to startups pioneering improvements in health care quality, safety and efficiency.
This is Techstars’ second L.A. program. The company, which is headquartered in Boulder, Colo., has run an entertainment-themed accelerator for the past two years with Burbank’s Walt Disney Co.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Accelator Aims to Boost Medical Startups’ Pulse
- Medical Center Nurses Startups
- Anne Wellington to Lead Cedars-Sinai Accelerator for Health Care Startups
- Cedars-Sinai Welcomes New Class of Startups to Incubator Program
- Cedars-Sinai Accelerator Graduates Companies with Innovative Health Care Products
- Kit Maker Aims for Target Boost
- Cedars-Sinai Accelerator Welcomes Nine New Digital Health Startups
- Gifts for Cedars-Sinai Accelerator Grads: Contracts