The Los Angeles Business Journal’s index of the largest local public companies was up for the week. The weighted LABJ Stock Index rose 2 percent to close at 231, with gainers slightly outpacing losers 75 to 74. Seven companies closed the week unchanged.
Among stocks trading above a dollar, visual prosthetic-maker Second Sight Medical Products Inc. was the week’s leading gainer. Shares were up 26 percent to close at $7.90.
Spanish-language radio and TV station owner Entravision Communications Corp. was also one of this week’s leading gainers. Shares rose 25 percent to close at $8.37.
Pasadena’s General Finance Corp. was among the week’s losing stocks. Shares of the company, which leases portable buildings and storage tanks, fell 14 percent for the week, closing at $4.06. Qualstar Corp. was another losing stock this week. Shares fell 14 percent to close at $1.12.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Cherokee, Rubicon Project Among This Week’s Movers
- Second Sight, Ceres Among this Week’s Movers
- Medbox, Second Sight Among Week’s Big Movers
- Point.360, Broadway Financial Among Week’s Movers
- Macerich, Kite Pharma Among Week’s Big Gainers
- BreitBurn Energy Partners, TrueCar Among This Week’s Movers
- U.S. Auto Parts Network Inc., Stamps.com Among Week’s Big Movers
- Nova Lifestyle, United Online Among Week’s Big Movers