The Dow Jones industrial average rose 139 points in Thursday trading to close at 17,051, the first time it has closed above 17,000 since August.
The S&P 500 rose 18 points to 2,013.
The Nasdaq rose 20 points to 4,811.
The LABJ Stock Index rose two points to 226.
Gainers and Losers
Pasadena’s General Finance Corp. was Thursday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares rose 10 percent on the day, closing at $4.65.
Thursday’s biggest loser, for the fourth day in a row, was Los Angeles water marketer Cadiz Inc. Shares fell 11 percent to close at $3.59.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; Cadiz Climbs, Xencor Tanks
- Stocks Rise
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Up; Cadiz Is Up, U.S. Auto Parts Falls
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Climbs, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Up; Mattel Rises, Cadiz Sinks
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Rebounds, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight Soars, Green Dot Sinks