Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill Tuesday to get rid of the statewide pay gap between men and women. Some are referring to it as the strongest equal pay law in the country, the Los Angeles Times reports. But already others are saying it will create an expensive legal quagmire for businesses, encouraging them to hire fewer people or move out of state, the Washington Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Banning Paparazzi Drones
- Gov. Brown Signs Bill Protecting Online Reviews
- Gov. Brown Signs Bill Banning Tax Write-Offs for Pro Sports Fines
- Package of Bills to Boost Electric Cars
- Lawmakers to Offer $1 Billion Drought Relief Bill
- Bill to Prevent Unwarranted Data Collection Passes Senate
- Taking Aim at Oil
- No Easy Sell