The Dow Jones industrial average rose 122 points in Wednesday trading to close at 16,912.
The S&P 500 rose 16 points to 1,996.
The Nasdaq rose 43 points to 4,791.
The LABJ Stock Index rose three points to 224.
Gainers and Losers
Billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong's clinical-stage immunotherapy firm NantKwest Inc. was Wednesday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Reversing a two-day slide, shares rose 17 percent on the day, closing at $13.45.
Wednesday’s biggest loser, for the third day in a row, was Los Angeles water marketer Cadiz Inc. Shares fell 11 percent on the day, closing at $4.01.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Rise
- Stocks Rebound; Demand Media Climbs, NantKwest Sinks
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Tops, ReachLocal Tanks
- Stocks Fall; NantKwest Climbs, Ceres Continues Slide
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Soars, Qualstar Sinks
- Stocks Fall; TrueCar Soars, NantKwest Sinks
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Crown Media Soars, NantKwest Slips