The kickoff to the holiday season of shopping is proving that this year’s spending will likely be “perfectly average,” according to one retail analyst, CNBC reports. About 103 million people shopped online over Thanksgiving weekend, compared to 102 million who ventured out to retail stores, according to a National Retail Federation survey by Prosper Insights & Analytics.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- What May Save Retailers This Christmas
- Holiday Shoppers Hitting Malls Early
- Searching for Meaning in Bellwether Shopping Weekend
- Father's Day Gift Guide: Dads Head out to the Ballgame as Father’s Day Spending Continues to Climb
- Theme Parks Trying to Scare Up Locals
- Cyber Monday to Ring in Online Shopping Season
- Why Airlines Can't Just Increase Holiday Flights
- Cyber Monday Sales May Be Case of Hit or Myth