The 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership was praised by Trade Representative Michael Froman Tuesday at the Port of Long Beach. He described the port as “a gateway” to the region that will be helped by the agreement, the Long Beach Press Telegram reports. However, critics of the deal have concerns about the impact it might have on American jobs as well as how workers will be treated in the participating countries.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Long Beach to Sue L.A. Over Railyard Project
- Garcia Beats Dunn in Long Beach Mayor Race
- Carson Can’t Join Rail Yard Lawsuit
- Port Police Chief Indicted
- Vote Sets Limit
- L.A. and Long Beach Port Workers to Protest
- New Money for Alamitos Bay Marina Approved
- Long Beach Port Breaks Ground on Bridge Replacement