An ex-girlfriend of billionaire Sumner Redstone, who is 92, filed a lawsuit Wednesday, alleging that he is unable to make his own decisions and questions his mental faculties. Redstone, who is chairman of both Viacom Inc. and CBS Corp., has no succession plans in place, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The lawsuit raises questions about his overall health and whether he is capable of continuing to oversee the affairs of both companies.
However, one of Redstone’s attorneys referred to the lawsuit as “meritless” and an “invasion of privacy.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Ex Alleges Redstone Forged Signature
- Judge: No Urgency to Determine Redstone’s Competency
- Viacom and CBS Face Shareholder Lawsuit
- Redstone Does Have Succession Plan
- So How is Redstone’s Health, Really?
- Sumner Redstone to Miss Annual Meeting
- Redstone Won’t Take The Stand
- Dauman’s Viacom Appointment Sparks Uncertainty