There are already predictions that “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” a Walt Disney Studios and Lucasfilm production which is directed by J.J. Abrams, could have the biggest domestic opening in history when it is released nationwide Dec. 18, the Hollywood Reporter says.
Some box-office pundits expect it to open in the $185 million to $220 million range, or possibly as high as nearly $300 million.
However, Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said it is hard to predict what the film will do because there are “a number of things that put this film in uncharted territory.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- ‘Star Wars’ Premiere Shrouded in Secrecy
- ‘Star Wars’ Sequel’s Hype Force to Be Reckoned With
- Star Wars Awakens Box Office, Blasts Records
- J.J. ABRAMS
- Disney Plans Worldwide, 18-Hour Star Wars Toy Rollout
- Out of This World Premiere
- ‘Star Wars’ Sells $50 Million in Advance
- Advance Tickets for ‘Star Wars’