The Dow Jones industrial average rose 28 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,758.
The S&P 500 rose 3 points to 2,082.
The Nasdaq fell 12 points to 5,083.
The LABJ Stock Index was flat at 240.
Gainers and Losers
Santa Monica cancer drug developer Kite Pharma Inc. was Tuesday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares rose 7 percent on the day, closing at $82.67 one day after the company announced it plans to release its third-quarter earnings Thursday.
Tuesday’s biggest loser among stocks trading above $1 was alternative energy developer Rentech Inc. Shares fell 31 percent on the day, closing at $3.95 a day after the company reported third-quarter earnings that were below analysts’ expectations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; NetSol Soars, Kite Pharma Sinks
- Stocks Fall; Ritter Pharmaceuticals Rises, Rentech Sinks
- Stocks Mostly Up
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Surges, Second Sight Medical Products Tanks
- Guess, Kite Pharma Among This Week’s Movers
- Stocks Rise
- Stocks Fall; MRV Communications Rises, Ducommun Sinks