The Dow Jones industrial average rose 89 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,918.
The S&P 500 rose 6 points to 2,110.
The Nasdaq rose 18 points to 5,145.
The LABJ Stock Index rose 1 point to 242.
Gainers and Losers
Billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong’s Culver City clinical-stage immunotherapy firm NantKwest Inc. was Tuesday’s biggest local gainer. Shares rose 19 percent on the day, closing at $15.36.
Tuesday’s biggest loser among stocks trading above $1 was Qualstar Corp. Shares of the company fell 7 percent on the day, closing at $1.11.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Mixed; Qualstar Rises, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Rise; TrueCar Makes Comeback, Ceres Doesn’t
- Stocks Fall; Nova Lifestyle Soars, Puma Plunges – Again
- Stocks Fall; Crown Media Soars, NantKwest Slips
- Stocks Rise; NantKwest Climbs, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Rebound; Demand Media Climbs, NantKwest Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Second Sight Up, Qualstar Tanks
- Stocks Fall